With the cornerstone laid in 1870, and completed in 1877, East College is the oldest and most cherished building on the DePauw University campus in Greencastle, Indiana. The clock tower bell, donated by the class of 1879, announces the hours. It is also rung after Tiger athletic victories.
Photo by Daniel M. Reck.
DMRphotoDePauwDePauw UniversityEast CollegeGreencastleIndianaNational Register of Historic Placesarchitecturebellbell towerbuildingcampusclockclock towercollegeeducationhistorichistoric placehistoryinstrumentmusicmusic instrumentpercussionpercussion instrumentschoolstructureuniversity
From Sights from DePauw